Mrs. Baker's Sticky Cinnamon Rolls17 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“My neighbor, Mrs. Baker, used to bake these cinnamon rolls and invite me and my children over while they were baking. The smell of homemade cinnamon rolls was irresistible.” - by MARJK
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, shortening, salt and 1 cup boiling water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add eggs and the water/sugar mixture; beat well. Beat in 2 cups flour. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix until a stiff dough has formed. Cover with a damp towel and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease three 8x8 inch baking pans.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Roll dough into small balls. Dip balls in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar. Roll balls into 4 inch long cylinders and tie into knots. Place knots into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 258 cal
- 6.3 g
- 45.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"I have been looking for a good sticky bun reci-pe and I found it... the trick to the sticky i found was a temp and really watch the time. If you over bake they get dry. My kids and hubby loved them...." See more"
"If your looking for a BASIC recipe for cinnamon rolls, this is it.I followed this recipe exactly. It was easy to make and mix by hand. These rolls were good, but not fantastic or anything to rave abou..." See moret. This recipe is about like a biscuit with cinnamon and sugar. Maybe if you add your own things such as walnuts or whatever, it'll make it more interesting."
Cinnamon Rolls II
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls I
Just swipe to see more like this.