Quiche Lorraine II26 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I think this must be the original quiche - the old standby from which all others derived. This is a really delicious dish.” - by MARTY HOLLINGSWORTH
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line bottom of unbaked pie shell with diced ham and grated cheese.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Spread over ham and cheese in pie shell.
- Beat eggs and add salt and nutmeg to taste. Gradually stir in hot milk and heat this mixture over a low flame until it begins to thicken. Pour into shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until custard is set and golden on top. Let cool before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 437 cal
- 30.5 g
- 19.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"Some quiche recipes require prebaking the pie crust and other recipes don't mention it. I always prebake the crust to prevent sogginess. This was very good, but I did add additional ham as we were ha..." See moreving this for dinner. I also ended up with a lot of extra egg batter, so I would recommend using only 3 eggs and 1.5 cups milk. I did find this to be a little too salty (maybe my ham?) so I'd omit it and salt at the table."
"In trying out a variety of quiche recipes from this site, I found this to be one of the best. It makes a wonderful custard-type filling. I used 1/4 cup minced green onion, 1/2 cup ham, and omitted the..." See more nutmeg. I think pie crust takes away from the quiche, so I do a quick spray with olive oil flavored cooking spray in the quiche pan, then dust it with 2T cornmeal.Second time around, I used 1/2 whipping cream, and 1/2 half and half. Great both ways, but creamier texture with whipping cream/half and half. Yummy!"
"This was the first time I have ever made quiche. I used half & half along with 1 cup of milk. Next time, I will probably omit the nutmeg (personal taste. I used monetery jack cheese and minced gree..." See moren onions. I baked it about 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for and at 400. It set well and tasted very good!"
Low Carb and Gluten Free Quiche Lorraine
Just swipe to see more like this.