Breaded Rib Roast64 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“Breaded, slow roasted and tasty!” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Wash and pat dry the roast. Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped garlic, butter, and olive oil. Stir to blend well. Place the seasoned rib roast in garlic mixture and turn to coat, rubbing it into the meat. Add a little more oil if it doesn't completely coat the meat.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley. Mix thoroughly. Press the bread crumb mixture into the meat; completely covering the roast.
- Place roast on a roasting rack inside of a shallow baking pan. Roast in a preheated oven until desired doneness; about 2 hours. Rare beef is 120 to 125 degrees F (49 to 52 degrees C). Well done beef is 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) Always use a clean meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 423 cal
- 29.2 g
- 10.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (64)Rate This Recipe
"The roast turned out so moist and delicious. I added additional garlic and some rosemary. Be carefull not to put the breading on the roast over the same pan you are roasting in. The loose bread mix..." See moreture falls in the pan and becomes very hard while cooking. You don't want it in your gravy. I had to pick these out before I made gravy so I will know better next time. Definitely make when you want to impress someone!"
"This was the most moist, delicious roast I've ever made, and I'll definitely be making it again! I used a cross rib roast, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, and grated Parmesan instead of the Romano, and..." See more it was delicious. A quick gravy made from the pan drippings and some red wine went perfectly with the meat and the garlic mashed potatoes I served along with it. Excellent recipe, thanks Cathy!"
Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Roast
Classic Standing Beef Rib Roast
Just swipe to see more like this.