David's Mesquite Smoked Texas Brisket16 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 4 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“My husband David gets raves for his South Texas Dilly Digs Brisket. Please read the whole recipe thoroughly before you start.” - by Heloise
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Make deep cuts into the brisket with a paring knife. Place cloves all the way into the cuts. Liberally sprinkle brisket with Greek seasoning.
- Place mesquite wood over gray/hot charcoals.
- Put brisket fat side down on the grill. Smoke for 2 hours and do not turn the meat.
- Take the meat out and wrap tightly 2 times in extra heavy aluminum foil. Put in the oven for 2 hours on a cookie sheet at 250 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let sit (still wrapped in foil) 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving to let the meat "firm up" and the juice to be absorbed.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 717 cal
- 60.3 g
- 1.8 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"Being a Texan myself, I am very picky about my BBQ, especially brisket. In fact, although I am a caterer and consider myself a very good cook; I was always fearful to attempt brisket. I have to say ..." See moreI took a risk and tried this recipe for my first attempt and it was AMAZING. My husband (a BBQ lover) raved and told me to laminate this recipe!! This brisket was so tender,easy and delicious. I even made it again in the same week for my extended family who now requests it at most family funtions. I am taking the idea of offering this to my catering customers into deep consideration as well. Thanks for the great recipe....it is definately a winner!!"
"Are there 10 stars? This is one recipe that rates a "10" !! The only change I made was using an injectable marinade (garlic & herb). I used a cup and let the brisket marinate while I started the f..." See moreire. The meat was very flavorful and "fork-tender". Definately one for your barbeque book !!!"
Oven Barbecued Beef Brisket I
Cousin David's Slow Cooker Brisket
Just swipe to see more like this.