Beer Cheese Pretzel and Dip56 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“My best friend shared this recipe with me, and we are SO SICK of making it -- but it's always requested at our parties! We have made the pretzel in various shapes, depending on the occasion (e.g., hearts, sorority letters, etc.). The pretzel may be partially baked ahead of time and frozen. The dip may also be prepared in advance.” - by DOREENB
Original recipe yields 1 pretzel and dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the hot bread roll mix with yeast and Cheddar cheese.
- In a microwave or small saucepan, heat the beer to almost boiling. Stir beer and egg into the flour mixture and knead 5 minutes. Allow the dough to rest 5 minutes, then roll into desired shape. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, processed cheese, garlic powder and room temperature beer. Refrigerate until serving with the baked dough.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 195 cal
- 9.6 g
- 18 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"Okay, I only used the beer cheese portion of this recipe and made it with "Buttery Soft Pretzels" also from this site. The cheese part is AWESOME!! LOVED IT! I think it could make any pretzel taste gr..." See moreeat!! Maybe it was the beer I used but next time, I won't use the garlic powder...I didn't think it was neccessary b/c the combo of cheese(s) and beer was good enough!! The cheese makes ALOT!!! Will be making this for many parties and events to come!! Thanks Doreen!!(PS-next time, I'll try and find that dough referred to by the submitter. I tried to find it in my grocery store but couldn't..thus I made my own pretzels. Anyone know a good brand I should try?)"
"This recipe is great. I've taken it to family functions and parties with friends several times. It's always been a real hit. Instead of mixing the cheese dip in a food processor, I cook it all on t..." See morehe stove and serve warm. It's very good and goes well with the warm pretzel."
Warm Blue Cheese Dip with Garlic and Bacon
Guinness(R) Beer Cheese Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.