Pasta Isabarte31 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Pronounced 'Is-uh-bart-uh' , this dish was invented as a college student. It not only satisfied my voracious appetite and love for Italian food but also scored well with my lady friends. Easy to prepare, even easier to eat!” - by Kevin Denver Banks
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook until almost done, soft but not limp; drain.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Over medium heat, bring water to a full boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Immediately plunge eggs into cold water. Using a sharp knife, dice the eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix tomato, olives, red peppers, yellow peppers, green peppers, onions, eggs, oregano, garlic salt, and pasta sauce. It's more fun to do the mixing with your hands! Pour the drained pasta into the bowl and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a large, deep, greased casserole dish. Cover with as much cheese as you can, making sure the edges are covered completely. Put lid on dish and bake on a low rack for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and turning a golden brown. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, cut into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 561 cal
- 14.4 g
- 82.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"A great recipe. The peppers stay slightly crunchy, amazingly. My kids liked the noodles and the cheese..." See more"
"Oh my God! What a great dish. I fed three friends and had enough leftover for lunch the next day. Whoever thought to put hardboiled eggs in a pasta dish is an absolute genius. Very flavorful and fun t..." See moreo eat. This Banks guy knows what he's talking about."
"We have made this twice now and my bf and I love it. We made a few changes - I substitute an orange bell pepper for green and add some fresh garlic. I prefer to use small chopped mushrooms in place ..." See moreof the black olives, and add a few red pepper flakes for some kick. Also, we upped it to 3-4 eggs depending on size. I think that if you put layers of cheese in between layers of pasta (instead of just on top) before cooking, the final dish has a little more structure and doesn't fall apart when you go for leftovers the next day. This is a great meal and makes a lot of food."
Just swipe to see more like this.