Spicy Vegetarian Lasagna53 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“A colorful and tasty veggie lasagna with plenty of peppers and cheese, with red pepper flakes for zip.” - by DEWEESE
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and place on wax paper to cool.
- Cook bell peppers and onion in olive oil in a large sauce pan until onions are translucent. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and red pepper flakes. More red pepper flakes can be added if spicier sauce is preferred. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, black pepper, and oregano.
- Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce. Place three lasagna noodles lengthwise in pan. Layer some of the cheese mixture and the vegetable sauce on top of noodles. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with noodles. Spread reserved sauce over top of noodles. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Remove foil during last 10 minutes of baking.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 312 cal
- 10.2 g
- 37.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (53)Rate This Recipe
"This was a great receipe, however the previous reviewer was right, it could more easily be called "4 pepper lasagna" So, I kept the red and orange bell pepper and substitued green and yellow zuchini f..." See moreor the others; as well as fresh spinach sauteed with fresh garlic, (OF COURSE!!) in between the noodle and sauce layers. It turned out delicious and the flavors were perfect together. the mix of all the veggies gave it a great hearty texture:) all you need is a crusty baggette to toss along side! ENJOY!"
"Very good but missing something. The name is a bit misleading as I did not think it was spicy at all, and really the only vegetable besides the onion is bell pepper. A more accurate name would be "Fou..." See morer Pepper Lasagna." Next time I make this, I'm going to add more onions and more spices to the sauce such as salt, pepper, oregano, and basil, as well as more red pepper flakes than what the recipe states, and/or Italian seasoned diced tomatoes. I was also surprised that the recipe didn't call for garlic so next time I'll add a couple cloves. I think these changes will give it the depth of flavor that it needs."
Lasagna Roll Ups
Just swipe to see more like this.