Breakfast Sausage Cake6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a wonderful breakfast cake that includes sausage. It's wonderful spices fill the air as you bake it making your house smell as good as it tastes! It's an 'in a hurry, out the door' morning food that you don't even mind giving the kids.” - by HSTR
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water; set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain well and dry raisins in cloth, set aside.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until lightly brown. Drain, crumble into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, white sugar and brown sugar; stir until mixture is well blended. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, ginger, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Stir baking soda into coffee. Add flour mixture and coffee alternately to meat mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold raisins and walnuts into cake batter. Turn batter into well-greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 75 to 90 minutes until done. Cool 15 minutes in pan before turning out onto serving platter.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 546 cal
- 23 g
- 76.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for my husband and myself. We found it to be too sweet with not enough sausage flavor to even it out. I would definitely make this again, however, I wouldn't use quite as much sugar and ..." See moreI would use more sausage."
"I was looking for something diffrent for breakfasts. This sounded intresting and I gave it a try. WOW! It is everything that is said about it! I cooked it on a rainy sunday and it had my family asking..." See more when it would be done! It filled my whole house with a spicy aroma. My kids did like it and it was gone by monday night! I plan on making this often and espically for Christmas monrning. Thanks Ann M. Hester for a great recipe!!!"
Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Bacon Breakfast Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.