Gary's Stuffed Mushrooms410 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 42 min
“Chicken flavored dry stuffing mix is the secret ingredient in these stuffed mushrooms created by my cousin Gary.” - by TINACOX
Original recipe yields 12 mushrooms
- Arrange mushroom caps on a medium baking sheet, bottoms up. Chop and reserve mushroom stems.
- Prepare chicken flavored dry stuffing mix according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together reserved mushroom stems, prepared dry stuffing mix, cream cheese and imitation crabmeat. Liberally stuff mushrooms with the mixture. Drizzle with the butter and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 413 cal
- 37.9 g
- 14.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (410)Rate This Recipe
"I loved these mushrooms. I did make a couple of changes (I can't seem to stop myself). I sauted the chopped mushroom stems with some finely chopped onion and minced garlic before adding them to the ..." See moreprepared stuffing mix. I also used 2 cans of real crab meat instead of the imitation, cuz I had some in the cupboard that I had picked up at the 99 cent store. I also put a healthy pinch of grated Parmesano Reggiano on top of each stuffed mushroom before baking. Had to bake these for about 25 minutes, though. They smelled wonderful while they were baking, and I took them to my card club and the ladies snarked them all up. One thing: Even though I used a 24 oz box of mushrooms, and piled them high with stuffing, I had quite a bit of the stuffing left over. The next day, I bought another 24 oz box of mushrooms and made these again for just my husband and me for dinner. If Gary only uses 12 mushrooms, and uses up all the stuffing, the mushrooms must be ENORMOUS. Great recipe, though! Will make again and again."
"stuffed mushrooms are a holiday staple, but i make mine a little different...chop and saute the reserved stems and about 1/2 cup chopped onion... also, i use ham instead of crab. (you can either us t..." See morehe canned ham, or chop up some deli ham). -I've never tried them with cream cheese, but think it would be a nice compliment to the ham. - also, for extra moist mushrooms (and to save a little fat), omit the butter and drizzle a little chicken broth over the stuffed creations just before baking. "
"I just love recipes that I can throw together using ingredients I already have available; that much better when the food tastes so good that everyone wants the recipe. This is one of those recipes. ..." See moreI eliminated the crabmeat since I had none on hand and J_TATUM and LOTHRID both said this did not hamper the success of the recipe. I used one and a half sticks of butter during step five, and a half stick during the preparation of the boxed stuffing, bringing the total butter usage to 1 cup. This was in response to the postings which said too watery or too much butter. It worked fabulously. Served these at a dinner party with much success."
Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers
Easy Mini Quiches
Just swipe to see more like this.