Caroline and Brian's Stuffed Mushrooms62 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“These fantastic portobello mushrooms are stuffed with a seasoned turkey sausage and cream cheese mixture. Even those who don't usually like mushrooms will love these!” - by CAROLINENOW
Original recipe yields 5 mushrooms
- Remove stems from portobello mushrooms. Arrange the mushroom caps, bottoms up, on a medium baking sheet. Chop the stems and set aside.
- Place turkey sausage link on a small baking sheet. Cook uncovered in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the interior is no longer pink. Remove from heat and chop.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together chopped mushroom stems, chopped sausage, chopped garlic, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper and seasoned bread crumbs. Slowly cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown. Remove from heat, allow to cool approximately 10 minutes and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cream cheese and Parmesan cheese into the mushroom stem mixture. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 181 cal
- 10.2 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (62)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe has become a party standard for me. I changed a couple of things that really improved it for my needs. I used little baby 'bella shrooms so that this makes a great bite-sized hor dourves. ..." See moreI sub the on large turkey link with several small turkey breakfast links, cooked and chopped. I roll the stuffing into balls and pop it into the baby 'bellas. Then I roll the tops of each one in shredded Romano cheese. Even non-mushroom eaters seem to love this one."
"I had a dinner party for 22 people and this was the biggest hit! it was absolutely delicious... i used more garlic than the recipe called for and it turned out great!!..." See more"
"This is a delicious recipe! I used baby bellas (about 10) because my grocery store did not have whole portabellos. I think next time I will try a little more flavorful sausage...I also used Italian fl..." See moreavored bread crumbs (progresso...99 cents!!) and it gave an interesting twist! I highly recommend this recipe. I could have just eaten the filling by itself!!"
Gary's Stuffed Mushrooms
Texas Stuffed Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.