Rhubarb Torte21 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“An excellent dessert for after a hearty meal. I have also made the filling with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries, separately or mixed them together for a bumbleberry torte!” - by SAUCYB
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, margarine and confectioners' sugar. Mix together until it forms a ball. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch square pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, yolks and milk. Stir together, then add chopped rhubarb. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour into hot crust.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over rhubarb filling, covering completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 387 cal
- 13.4 g
- 63.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"This is the BEST rhubarb torte I've ever tried, bar none! Excellent! Thanks, Donna!..." See more"
"This was so pretty! It tasted sublime, let me tell you! Rhubarb is NOT a family favorite & now it has become a beloved, free delish-treat in our home. Great to take to a picnic or any gathering, or..." See more just after dinner with the fam. Try it, you won't be disappointed."
"My family loves this Rhubarb Torte! I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out delicious! I usually don't like rhubarb, but this was simply wonderful. I have the second torte in the oven right n..." See moreow as I type. It's an easy recipe, one that my daughters helped me make. The only complaint is that it disappears way too fast. We will definitely make this again. Thanks Saucyb for this recipe!"
Just swipe to see more like this.