Cranberry Nut Bread II11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a wonderful treat during the holidays! It just tastes 'Christmasy' and is a must with a cup of coffee or hot tea! I received it from a friend from the Northeast.” - by LOUGRAY
Original recipe yields 1 loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- In a 1-cup (or larger) measuring cup combine juice and zest of the orange, butter and enough boiling water to reach 3/4 cup. Stir into flour mixture. Fold in egg, walnuts and cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing combine confectioners' sugar, butter, orange juice and milk; add more milk if necessary so that the icing is thin and slightly runny. Drizzle over bread; allow icing to set before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 325 cal
- 11.8 g
- 52.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This bread is great! I did make a few modifications, though: I used whole wheat flour and brown sugar, I used extra orange juice instead of adding water to the butter/orange zest/juice mixture, and I ..." See moreadded 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. I also didn't put the frosting on top. This is a great recipe. I'll be making it a lot in the future!"
"A no fail recipe! Cranberry Nut Bread is my favorite holiday treat! I followed the recipe to the letter, but made them in individual pans rather than one big one. They freeze beautifully, and look and..." See more taste fresh when defrosted. They smell heavenly while baking. No fuss magic!"
Cranberry Nut Bread I
Cranberry Apple Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.