Christmas Casserole Cookies II5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is an old recipe handed down from my mother.” - by Joyce
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer. Beat in sugar. Stir in dates, coconut, walnuts, vanilla and almond extract. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and while mixture is still hot, beat well with a wooden spoon.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, form into small balls and roll in granulated sugar.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 39 cal
- 2.4 g
- 4.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I will admit that I am a follower when I am trying new recipes. This is the first time I have tried one that had no ratings, but these turned out great. I was a little suspect about them and how the..." See morey would turn out. They weren't as hard to roll as I thought and they really stuck together as they cooled. I have no idea how the orginal recipe yielded five dozen...I got maybe two dozen; I'm sure I made them too big! They smelled heavenly in the oven and my four year old loved them. Thanks!"
"When I was a little girl and had to stand up on a chair to help, my nana and I always made these every Christmas! These are one of my FAVORITE Christmas treats!!! LOVE them!..." See more"
"This was very easy to make and tasted great too. I didn't have dates so I used dried cranberries instead and it worked well. I agree with the other reviewer that it only yields 2 dozen (mine were ab..." See moreout 1-inch). It isn't much like a traditional cookie in consistency, instead it feels more like a no-bake cookie. Try it out if you need a dairy-free treat!"
Christmas Casserole Cookies I
Pebber Nodder (Danish Christmas Cookies)
Just swipe to see more like this.