Nana White's Famous Brussels Sprouts10 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a fabulous recipe for holidays or when company comes over. Even people who don't like Brussels sprouts will love them prepared this way! Make the dish ahead of time and pop it in the oven just before dinner.” - by ZACHSMOMMY
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut an X in the stem end of the Brussels sprouts. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of grease, and set aside.
- Saute onion in reserved bacon grease, until limp. Stir in flour and cook until bubbly. Remove from heat and whisk in milk. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in wine, salt, oregano, dill, pepper, and all but 2 tablespoons of bacon. Pour mixture evenly over the Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 336 cal
- 23.5 g
- 20.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"These are really good tasting brussel sprouts! Indeed, even people who don't like brussel sprouts may like them. On the other hand, they are very rich... If you are looking for a vegetable dish tha..." See moret is healthy and a light accompaniment for a heavier main dish - this isn't it."
"Major crowd pleaser on Christmas Day. Travels well as I made the recipe on Christmas Eve and drove two hours to NJ on Christmas Day. Also, used frozen petite brussels sprouts (defrosted)...." See more"
Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Baked Brussels Sprouts
Just swipe to see more like this.