Chicken Dressing10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe came from my Grandmother and is a family tradition--a great dish which is eaten instead of stuffing here in the South.” - by Amanda Rader
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- In a large bowl combine the crumbled cornbread and biscuits. Pour in 3 cups of boiling broth; cover and let stand.
- Meanwhile, heat margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute celery and onions until tender. Stir into cornbread mixture.
- To the cornbread mixture add the remaining broth, eggs, sage and black pepper. Pour into a large iron skillet or roasting pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until set and well browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 485 cal
- 29.5 g
- 44.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner and my family loved it. I did, however add more onion and celery to the recipe to better suite my family's taste. I will definitely be making this dressing..." See more for Christmas dinner also."
"Very Good Recipe. I enjoy reading the reviews, each with thier own little touches. Mine...try making thie is muffin tins. Your guest and your family will love the individual servings. It looks nice on..." See more the plate with a little giblet gravy over the top. Enjoy!"
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cornbread Dressing
Warm Chicken, Bacon, and Egg Salad with Mayonnaise Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.