Creamy Broccoli Casserole135 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Wonderful side dish with broccoli and cream cheese. Even my kids like this dish.” - by Menda
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 4 to 6 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in salt, flour, and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Remove from heat, and stir in broccoli.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crushed crackers over the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Slowly pour the broccoli mixture into the dish, and top with remaining crushed crackers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 320 cal
- 21.9 g
- 24.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (135)Rate This Recipe
"I used fresh broccoli with a very good result. I cut the amount of cream cheese in half (and used lowfat) and added some shredded cheddar cheese. I also added about 1/2 tsp. garlic salt to the chees..." See moree sauce. I didn't bother putting any cracker crumbs on the bottom of the pan, only the top. Really good!"
"I initially made this recipe on Thanksgiving, only I didn't have any cream cheese, so I used a half a cup of shredded sharp cheddar instead. My husband and I loved it! It was the best broccoli casse..." See morerole I had ever had. I remembered it for Christmas, and this time, I used cream cheese. Well, it was thick and creamy, but tasted bland. I would recommend replacing the cream cheese with cheddar cheese. If you decide not to, though, just made sure you have the salt on hand! Thank you very much for sharing this recipe. I will definitely use it again, just not with the cream cheese."
"We loved this recipe! For those that thought it was bland...it's cream cheese! If you want something with an Alfredo flavor, buy Alfredo sauce...hmmm...not a bad idea! Anyway, we made this, and it w..." See moreas a huge hit. Needed some salt, pepper, and garlic because it is a plain cream cheese flavor, but it's something so different from the normal brocc & cheese, and we loved it! We used Town House crackers, and while the crust part of it was soggy, it still added wonderful flavor, and I used a bit more than the recipe called for, and really covered the top of it. Then I sprinkled a bit of Lawry's Seasoned salt and just a tiny bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese on the top. Also, because we like crispy broccoli, I boiled the broccoli for only a few minutes, and it was still a crisp tender, even after the baking. We'll make it again!"
Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Corn Broccoli Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.