Great Twice Baked Potatoes63 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“These went over smashingly at a party. Easy to make (if you don't mind the cooking wait) and impressive looking and tasting!” - by ROSIE139
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine oil, salt and pepper. Rub potato skins with oil mixture.
- Bake potatoes (do not wrap in foil) in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven and slice skin off of the top. Scoop the flesh into a large bowl, reserving the intact skins. To the potatoes add cheese, egg, butter and half of the green onions. Mash potatoes while gradually adding milk. Spoon the mixture into the skins and top with remaining onions and paprika.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 371 cal
- 21.3 g
- 38.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (63)Rate This Recipe
"These were very bland. I will just stick with my tried and true. I cut the potatoes in half and scoop out holding the potato with a potholder. I use about 1/2 cup of butter, add sour cream, garlic ..." See moresalt, no egg, and a package of Concord Foods Potato toppers, and of course, the cheese, and then top with more cheese. I usually make them ahead of time, refrigerate, and then bake at 325F for 30 - 35 minutes."
"Very good recipe! I added sour cream to the potato mixture, and I also topped the potato off with a dollop of sour cream and some bacon bits after baking. Here's a little short cut I used to cut dow..." See moren on prep time, I microwaved the potatoes first, then baked them for 10-15 mins to crisp up the skins, prepared the potato mixture, then baked them in the oven for the last 15 mins."
"The most important suggestion I can make is to prepare these potatoes ahead of time before slicing off the top and scooping out the inside because they were wicked hot to handle! I really think I bur..." See morened off my fingerprints on my left hand! Next time I would leave out the egg and probably add sour cream. The filling needs more seasoning also. I might try a packet of Ranch seasoning or something similar."
Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Oven Baked Potato Wedges
Just swipe to see more like this.