Nutty Chicken Salad6 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This is a favorite in our home..can be served with crackers or makes wonderful sandwiches.” - by FOXWORTH
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Over medium-high heat, bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add chicken, celery, a slice of the onion, and garlic. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 hour.
- Chop remaining onion and set aside.
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Drain chicken, discarding boiled vegetables. Chop chicken when cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the apple, onion, pickles, almond and salt, if desired. Add black and red pepper to taste. Stir in enough mayonnaise until the mixture sticks together well.
- Cover a serving dish with lettuce leaves. Mound the chicken salad in the middle, and sprinkle with additional almonds, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 182 cal
- 11.2 g
- 7.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I used dill pickles instead of sweet and grapes instead of apples. The crushed red pepper is a key ingredient, very faint taste, but a great addition. I also found that one onion is a little too much,..." See more especially on the 2nd day of the salad after the flacvor has intensified. I get compliments and requests for the receipe everywhere I take it. Great idea for showers. "
"i made this for a baby shower and it went over quite well. the only thing i changed was adding a bit more mayonnaise, as i like my chicken salad a bit more moist. i also added a little extra almonds a..." See morend apple bits to add extra crunch the day i served it. i'll definitely use it again."
Wonderful Chicken Curry Salad
Curry Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.