Polish Coffee Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This recipe makes 3 deliciously simple yeasted coffeecakes.” - by NANCI RENN
Original recipe yields 3 10-inch Bundt pans
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in 1 cup butter until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Mix in the nutmeg, orange extract, vanilla extract, and the yeast mixture. Stir in 3 cups flour and the salt. Stir in 1/3 of the milk mixture. Mix in the remaining flour and milk mixture in two alternating additions. Cover bowl, and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, prepare the topping by cutting together 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cups sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 3 10-inch Bundt pans.
- Divide dough into the prepared pans, and sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 273 cal
- 9.8 g
- 39.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
Polish Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.