Swiss Cheese Scramble13 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A family favorite that can be prepared the day before and baked the next morning.” - by JEANIE BEAN
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, Combine the bread cubes and milk. Drain after 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and scramble until soft. Do not fully cook. Add the soaked bread cubes and turn into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of casserole. In a small bowl, stir together butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle this mixture over the cheese and then top with the bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 1008 cal
- 78.5 g
- 26.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome! I have never had to pass out so many recipies. I added two cups of bread cubes, for the same reason some have stated before and I added my secret scrambled egg ingredient...two tablespoons of..." See more whatever mustard you like. It doesn't taste mustardy at all but give the eggs such a depth of flavor! Its good reheated too. Love this and my boys are already begging for me to make more!"
Egg and Cheese Puffs
Bagel and Cheese Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.