Savory Cinnamon Rolls88 Reviews
- Prep: 1 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 16 min
“My husband was the inspiration for this recipe. These rolls are extremely tasty and are not heavy. The secret to this recipe lies in the frosting. As they say the easiest way to a man's heart is through his stomach!” - by MEFROMNWIA
Original recipe yields 24 rolls
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the cake mix, salt and vanilla; stir well to combine. Stir in the flour; beat well. Cover bowl and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Deflate dough and turn it out onto a well floured surface. Roll dough out into a rectangle and spread with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up dough and cut into 3/4 inch thick rolls. Place rolls in two lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. While rolls are baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, 1/3 cup butter, vanilla and milk. Let rolls cool slightly then spread with frosting.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 286 cal
- 7.9 g
- 50.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (88)Rate This Recipe
"These are the best cinnamon buns we have ever had!! My family cannot get enough. The only adjustments I've made are reducing the flour to 4 cups and doubling the yellow cake mix to 18 oz. This make..." See mores the dough a little sweeter. They are to die for. Thanks for the recipe!!!"
"Great recipe! Made the following changes after reading the reviews... used 2 cup water, the entire pkg. of cake mix; reduced the flour to 4 cups, and increased the vanilla extract to 2 tsps just for ..." See moreadded flavor. Recipe turned out great! My family was in awe since this was my very first batch of cinnamon rolls to ever bake that didn't come from a can! I also used Janni's recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting II to top these just because we love cream cheese! Thanks again for a great recipe, this is definitely a keeper! "
Cinnamon Rolls II
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls I
Just swipe to see more like this.