Breakfast Sausage Roll28 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 14 hr 20 min
“Stuffed bread filled with pork sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. You may make a dinner or lunch version by substituting Italian sausage, peppers, onions, pizza sauce, and cheese for the above ingredients.” - by Shelley Williams
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Rub the frozen bread dough with vegetable oil, cover and allow to thaw overnight at room temperature.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll out one loaf of bread and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Layer cooked sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, and cheese on top of bread. Leave 1 inch border at the edges bare. Roll out second loaf of bread and place over bread and filling. Enclose filling by pinching edges of both loaves together.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and water. Brush surface of roll with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 597 cal
- 38.1 g
- 38.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is great the way it is but here is a quicker version of this recipe. Use 2 packages of cresant rolls instead of the frozen bread. You don't have to wait for it to thaw, you just put one ..." See morecan cresant rolls on the bottom of 9x13 pan and do the layers as stated in the recipe and put the other can of cresant rolls over the top. Adjust baking time accordingly."
"This is a great recipe that I have made for years, and is particularly a favorite when I take to Sunday school breakfast-- with one major change. I always mince and saute one whole onion in butter be..." See morefore adding to sausage mixture. I also use Cheddar cheese or a Colby-Jack mix, which keeps it from tasting so much like pizza. Be sure and use the defrosted whole bread loaves, too. Crescents will not give it the same flavor."
"Very simple and a huge hit! I made it for my future father-in-law and he told my future mother-in-law that she had to add this to her rotation. (She didn't seem too impressed with that! ha ha ha.) I m..." See moreade it as written first, but I prefer it with a 14.5 oz can of Italian diced tomatoes. It seems like a giant pizza pocket. A definite keeper."
Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Easy Breakfast Sausage Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.