Shari's Streusel Coffee Cake14 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Delicious with coffee, or as a nice compliment to any brunch casserole.” - by Shari Hoffman
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cream together the white sugar and shortening. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in half and half. In a separate bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cream/egg mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and walnuts. Stir in melted butter.
- Spread half of the cake batter in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture over the batter. Spread the other half of the batter over the streusel mixture and top off with the rest of the streusel mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 246 cal
- 11.5 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"DO NOT MAKE THIS IN A 9x13 PAN!!!!! Use an 8x8 or you'll be sorry! Cake came out barely an inch thick------abundance of topping-hard to rate........" See more"
"I'd give this three stars as written but five with changes. I have the same recipe but everything on this one is halved. When you double your ingredients there is no need to double the eggs. I alwa..." See moreys make mine with 2. Also milk can be used in place of the half/half. Use 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder."
Sour Cream Coffee Cake IV
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.