Tennessee Eggs10 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“An eggsellent way to use leftover hard boiled eggs. You may also use cheese cracker crumbs and grated cheese for the topping if you wish.” - by DARLINGGIRL
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water, then cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink.
- Peel cold eggs.
- Separate yolks and egg whites. Chop them separately; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter over low heat and gently stir in flour.
- Gradually blend in cream, stir constantly as it thickens. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Mix egg whites with cream sauce and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with half of the bread crumbs. Sprinkle yolks on top, then finish with another layer of crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 462 cal
- 43.8 g
- 8.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I made these after Easter last year - love 'em! I did this entirely on the stove-top. When you add the egg whites - I added a c. of sharp shedded cheddar cheese, and stirred until the cheese melted,..." See more and the mixture was nice and thick. (didn't use the bread crumbs) Serve over toasted english muffins ~ MMMMMMM! Great creative breakfast recipe to use up those hard boiled eggs."
"Very good Easter breakfast recipe! I used fat free half and half instead of the cream, and doubled the butter and flour (trying to save a few calories while maintaining the proper consistency), then ..." See moreserved it over fresh biscuits. It turned out great!"
Oven Scrambled Eggs
Just swipe to see more like this.