Cranberry Scones102 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A quick basic scone recipe with traditional holiday ingredients ... great treat for Christmas morning! Serve warm with butter and tea!” - by CRISTINA GOMEZ
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, toss cranberries with sugar; add to flour mixture along with orange peel and nuts. Mix lightly.
- In another bowl, beat together cream and egg; slowly pour into dry ingredients, mixing with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead dough 4 or 5 times, being careful not to over handle. Divide dough in half. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Shape each half into a 6 inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place scones on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 211 cal
- 9.4 g
- 28.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (102)Rate This Recipe
"This is a PERFECT recipe. Don't be confused by the instructions to knead the batter. I think the author just means to mix the berries and nuts well. Instead, I dropped rounded spoonfuls on a baking..." See more sheet and baked at 375 for 20 minutes as instructed. These scones couldn't have been any better from a New York City bakery! I've made three batches of this recipe in one week and everyone who has tried one has raved (and everyone thinks they must be so hard to make! I've got them fooled!) I use the Crasins found next to raisins and leave out the sugar and orange. For variation, I've substituted chocolate chips and walnuts. DELICIOUS and PERFECT every time!!!"
"I substituted 1/2 cup plain yogurt for the half and half cream so they were not a liquidy as some people may have found. I also added white chocolate to the center. My roomates can't wat until I make..." See more them again!"
"I hate to give a bad rating for this recipe because it looks so yummy and has potential, but it was an absolute disaster! The recipe calls for way too much cream and not enough flour. My "dough" was..." See more the consistency of muffin batter and I followed the recipe exactly. Kneeding it was out of the question."
Cranberry Upside-Down Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.