Easy Refrigerator Yeast Rolls8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 23 hr 20 min
“Quick and easy make ahead yeast bread. Can also make cinnamon rolls from this recipe.” - by TERESAJANE
Original recipe yields 30 rolls
- In a small saucepan, heat margarine and water over low heat. When margarine has melted, remove pan from heat and stir in salt and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/4 cup sugar in 1 cup warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast mixture and margarine mixture. Stir in beaten eggs and 2 cups self-rising flour. Beat in remaining flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, until a stiff dough is formed. Divide dough into two pieces and place each piece in a well oiled freezer bag. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Pull off pieces of dough and form into 2 inch diameter balls. Place in lightly oiled baking pans so that edges of balls are just touching. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake dough balls 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 323 cal
- 13.2 g
- 44.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was awful. I think the measurements are wrong. Be careful making this. It lists 1 1/2 cups of water, and then again 1 cup of water. 2 1/2 cups of water for 6 cups of flour does not mak..." See moree a stiff dough, it was almost like thick cake batter. Also, it lists sugar, 2 separate places in the recipe, however when you add the ingredients, it does not specify where the 2nd sugar ingredient goes. I would love to have a recipe similar to this, one that works. Thanks."
"There is something wrong with this recipe. I tried it and it looked ok but when I baked them they would not stay together they crumbled. I think 1 1/2 cups of water would do better if it were milk i..." See morenstead which I am going to try instead. It definately lacks work."
Quick Yeast Rolls
Mom's Yeast Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.