Crepes with Spinach, Bacon and Mushroom Filling56 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“I took three different crepe recipes and combined them to come up with a real winner!” - by SUZAINEE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Prepare Basic Crepes recipe according to recipe directions. Separate with wax paper and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve about 1 tablespoon drippings, add 1 tablespoon butter, and saute mushrooms.
- In a separate saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in 1/4 cup flour, stirring constantly, until a smooth paste is formed. Gradually stir in 1 cup milk, stirring constantly until a smooth thick gravy is formed. Add bacon, mushrooms, spinach, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Let cook until somewhat thick, about 10 minutes.
- In saucepan bring broth to a boil. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and lemon juice. Temper eggs and broth together whisking constantly so as to cook, but not to scramble the eggs. (Cooking eggs to 170 degrees F). Again, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each crepe with spinach and meat filling, roll up, and top with warm egg sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 445 cal
- 35.6 g
- 17.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"I tweaked the ingredients a little but got rave reviews and thought I'd share. I omitted bacon but sauteed baby portabellas and onion, added spinach and lots of feta and some romano cheese (kept the f..." See morelour/butter/milk base the same). I made the egg sauce, cutting lemon juice in half, and poured over the stuffed crepes in a casserole dish. I baked at 350 for about 15 min. There was a lot of egg sauce left over though so I would probably half it next time. Turned out great!!"
"Had another basic crepe recipe I have used over the years, but this one is much easier and BETTER! From now on, I will use it for ANY crepe recipe I make! The filling in this one was GREAT!! We tho..." See moreught the sauce a little too lemony, so will cut that in half next time I do this one. Also, I assembled the dish a little ahead, poured the sauce over and let it set in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Then baked it in a 350 degree oven until heated through. That worked just fine. "
Transformed Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Spinach Mushroom and Ricotta Fettuccine
Just swipe to see more like this.