Bread Pretzels24 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This easy to make dough can be shaped into pretzels or long bread sticks.” - by Joan
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast mixture, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour; beat well. Beat in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a stiff dough is formed. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 pieces. Roll pieces out into long sticks and form into pretzel shape. Place pretzels on prepared baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 91 cal
- 0.8 g
- 17 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"you forgot one thing, after the shaping , and before the baking , your unbaked pretzels must be poached in baking soda water to get the that pretzel shell and taste..." See more"
"I found the recipe to be very easy and very good, although the prep time was at least 1 hour not the 15 minutes the recipe said...." See more"
Traditional White Bread
Yummy Peanut Butter Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.