- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This recipe is for traditional popovers. They can be served plain, but my family prefers them with raspberry butter.” - by J MILLER
Original recipe yields 6 popovers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spray a popover pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place pan on center rack of oven and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Blend flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until it looks like heavy cream, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut chilled butter into 6 even pieces. Place 1 piece of butter in each cup and place pan back in oven until butter is bubbly (about 1 minute).
- Fill each cup half full with batter and bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 183 cal
- 9.2 g
- 18 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (119)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for, and taste just like the popovers I grew up with! I didn't have a popover tin, so I used a muffin tin, and found that the amount of batter actually made 12 po..." See morepovers instead of 6. so i cut the butter down - 1/4 tsp per muffin tin (12) and reduced the baking time slightly - 15 minutes in 425 degree heat and 10 minutes at 325. They turned out wonderful, very light and very very fluffy. Excellent with some melted honey. This recipe is DEFINITELY a keeper!"
Kristy, Santa Rosa
"I couldn't believe it they came out perfect the first time. And, every time since. I always start with the eggs and milk at room temp and when they come out of the oven I pierce the bottom sides a cou..." See moreple of times with a sharp knife to release steam. Keeps the centers from getting soggy."
"My popovers turned out HUGE, about 2x bigger than I expected. I followed the recipe exactly and served them with Cinnamon Honey Butter from this site. My only advice is do not wait for your butter to ..." See moreget bubbly, mine never did. After two minutes the butter just burned so I had to wash it out and start over. The popovers alone were a little bland, but amazing with the Cinnamon Honey Butter. Do NOT open the oven until it's time to take them out, not even for a quick peek!"
Easy and Delicious Crusty Popovers
Just swipe to see more like this.