Jodi's Deep-Fried Stuffed Jalapenos7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“These delicious appetizers are perfect for a Mexican-style meal. Pickled jalapeno peppers are stuffed with Cheddar cheese, then fried until crisp. Serve with sour cream.” - by RUANA
Original recipe yields 24 stuffed jalapenos
- Cut a short slit into each jalapeno pepper. Remove as many seeds as possible. Slice Cheddar cheese into approximately 1/4 inch by 1 inch strips. Stuff each jalapeno with a Cheddar cheese strip.
- Place beaten eggs in a small bowl.
- In a small dish, mix yellow cornmeal, flour and salt.
- One at a time, dip jalapenos in the eggs. Roll in the yellow cornmeal mixture until well coated. Arrange on a metal rack, and allow them to sit approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat corn oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In small batches, using a slotted spoon, lower peppers into the heated oil, and fry until crisp and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 865 cal
- 87.3 g
- 11.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Very good! I prevented my jalapenos from loosing the cheese by soaking toothpicks in water for 30 mins. & then used the toothpicks to keep the jalapeno casings together while frying. I also double bre..." See moreaded the jalapenos and added cajun seasoning to the flour/cornmeal mix instead of just salt."
"this was ok, but did not like the meal batter either. I have a similar recipe; i stuff mine with creme cheese, wrap with bacon, use toothpicks to close, great on the grill or in the oven! *****tip****..." See moreto take some of heat out of the peppers, cut ends off and hull out and soak in salt water over nite in fridge******"
"The cornmeal is a little course, maybe maza (corn) flour would be better. I also ended up rolling them in the egg mixture a second time and then through the cornmeal again to get enough coating to sti..." See moreck. The cheese also came out of mine while they were frying and there was not much left inside. However, my boyfriend (born and raised in Jalisco, Mexico) liked them, as did his uncle and his brother, there were none left! We'll see if there's a requestin my house for MAS de los jalapenos fritos! (more friend jalapenos, for the non-spanish speakers ;)"
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
Peanut Butter Stuffed Jalapenos
Just swipe to see more like this.