Fruit Soup (Fruchtsuppe)2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“A recipe from my German grandmother -- very refreshing on a hot day! Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon.” - by JAZZY-GIRL
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place prunes and water in a large saucepan and let rest in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook prunes in same saucepan with soaking water over medium heat, covered, 1 hour, until soft. Let cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook apples until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Reserve prune water and remove pits from prunes. Puree pitted prunes with cooking water in a food processor or blender until smooth. Combine prune puree and cooked apple in a large saucepan with the cinnamon stick. Combine the potato flour with the half-and-half and stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil, then stir in sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in grape juice and raisins, and partially cover. Let simmer until thoroughly heated, then remove from heat.
- Chill 2 hours in refrigerator before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 300 cal
- 9.6 g
- 54.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Creamed Broccoli Soup
Three Fruit Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.