Honey and Nut Ice Cream6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 8 hr
“Very easy to prepare at home. It tastes better than most of the supermarket stuff and saves tons of money as well. Easily modified to your taste. Have this ready in the freezer for unexpected guests! Try substituting condensed milk for the honey for a less sweet version. This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.” - by Michelle
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven, watching carefully, until golden, about 10 minutes. Rub the skins from the toasted nuts using a tea towel, then coarsely chop.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread chopped nuts evenly on foil. Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Pour chocolate evenly over nuts. Place in freezer until firm. Then break into bite-size chunks.
- Line a 8x8 inch dish with foil.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until light yellow. Beat in honey. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. In a third bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff. Fold cream into egg whites, then fold egg yolks into cream mixture. Fold in chocolate covered nuts, then pour into prepared pan.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight until firm. To serve, invert onto a platter, remove foil and slice.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 311 cal
- 22.9 g
- 23.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"WOW!! This ice cream was out of this world!! I made it using my ice cream maker and between the combination of whipped egg whites and aeration from the ice cream maker, it turned it to be quite li..." See moreght in texture. If you like denser ice cream and will be using an ice cream maker, I would not recommend whipping the egg whites. In fact, I suspect you could even leave the egg whites out, but try at your own risk. The flavor was excellent. The honey taste was subtle and, if I made it again, I would probably use even a little more than the recipe calls for to give it a stronger honey taste. The chocolate covered hazelnuts were excellent. Of the 20 or so ice creams and sorbets that I've made, this is definitely my favorite."
"This was nice. The texture is fantastic - really light and delicious and with a quite pronounced honey flavour. However you can really taste the raw egg in this recipe which I find a bit gross. I'd..." See more like to tinker with it but wouldn't make it as is, again."
Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.