Tofu and Cheese Stuffed Shells68 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“No one will ever know that these giant pasta shells contain tofu...unless you tell!” - by CookingForDummies
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat combine carrot, zucchini and onion. Pour in just enough water to cover; cook until tender and drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the tofu with a fork. Stir in carrot mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, egg while, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, garlic powder and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stuff each cooked pasta shell with about 1 rounded tablespoon of the filling. Place shells in an un greased 2-quart baking dish. Pour sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 688 cal
- 15.8 g
- 98.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (68)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was OK, maybe a little dry. My 10 yr old loves it though. No one knew about the tofu either. I used extra firm tofu and pressed it dry, then mashed it up with the cheese. I then added i..." See moren garlic, oregano, basil. I shredded the carrots and zucchini and boiled them for a couple of minutes before adding in. I didn't use the whole box of shells, but it gave me a full 9x13 pan worth. I topped it with a roasted garlic and onion jarred pasta sauce, for the flavor."
"Excellent. I did without the ricotta & instead used 14oz. of firm tofu. As well, I substituted the cheese with mozzarella soy cheese. Came out fabulously. Even the "dairy people" didn't notice anythin..." See moreg weird. Loved by all."
Stuffed Shells I
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.