Spinach Appetizers55 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“Instead of sausage balls, try these savory spinach treats -- they're great! The recipe was given to me while shopping by a lady at the grocery store. The formed balls may be stored frozen in airtight containers until ready for use.” - by DIANE HALL
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- In a large bowl, mix together chopped spinach, dry bread stuffing mix, eggs, Parmesan cheese, onion, butter and Cheddar cheese. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes.
- Drop the mixture by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased large baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer approximately 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, allow the balls to partially thaw, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Bake the balls in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 143 cal
- 4.4 g
- 20.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (55)Rate This Recipe
"Unbelievably good! They really do taste just like meatballs. Hints - * It is vital to use a stuffing mix with seasoning (I think some of the reviews that say it was bland may have used just bread c..." See morerumbs). * I added about 1/8 - 1/4 tsp pepper, a couple of dashes of Cayanne, and 1-2 cloves garlic. * It seemed a bit dry when I was stirring it, so I added a few Tbsp cottage cheese. There are probably lots of things you could use. * definitely turn them a few times during cooking to get a more even brown."
"These were FANTASTIC! My guests devoured a double recipe of them! Per reviews already posted, I added salt, pepper and a T of Worchestershire. I also baked them in mini muffin pans. They were superb!!..." See more"
Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach
Just swipe to see more like this.