Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Cheese Spread32 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 45 min
“This is an incredible cheese spread. With the red of the sun-dried tomatoes and the green of the pesto, it makes for a beautiful Christmas appetizer. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and sprigs of basil and serve with crackers.” - by Carol A.
Original recipe yields 6.5 cups
- Chop the garlic in a food processor. Mix in basil, lemon juice, pine nuts and olive oil. Process until well blended. Mix in 1/3 cup cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blend using pulse setting until almost smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor. Mix in tomato paste and 1/3 cup cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Place 2 cups cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Line dish with plastic wrap so that the wrap extends over sides of the dish.
- Evenly spread 3/4 cup cream cheese and butter mixture in the prepared dish. Layer alternately with 1/2 the sun-dried tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cream cheese and butter mixture and 1/2 the pesto mixture. Repeat layering, topping with remaining cream cheese and butter mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully invert dish onto a platter and remove plastic to serve.
Amount Per Serving (52 total)
- 83 cal
- 8.2 g
- 1.5 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"Very tasty and lovely creation. I had to give this 4 *'s due to its richness. I had my qualms when reading the nearly pound and a half of cream cheese and over a third of a pound of butter. However..." See more, the reviews below won me over, and I made it per the instructions. It was indeed enjoyed by myself & my guests. However, it made so much for how much a person could actually eat of it. And I had 20 hungry people! I think a person could cut the amount of cream cheese/butter mixture in half and use light cream cheese to make this more of a snack food of which people could go back for more."
"Although I did not get to try this myself, everyone raved about it at my party. I served it with an assortment of crackers and people kept asking me for the recipe. It's a nice mix of flavors. To s..." See moreave time and energy, I didn't do multiple layers of each thing - I only did one of each, so there were 3 layers in total. I put the dip right onto a charger - white on bottom, red in the middle, green on top. It eliminated the need for the baking dish/plastic wrap thing, which sounded like it could have been a disaster. I also didn't have time to let it sit for a while before serving, but it certainly didn't deter my guests. This was gone by the end of the night. It looked nice too."
Dill, Feta and Garlic Cream Cheese Spread
Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.