Spinach Marie48 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is a decadent blend of spinach, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, milk and spices.” - by sal
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine milk, dry mustard and garlic salt. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a small skillet or saucepan heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Saute onion until browned; stir into milk.
- In a small skillet or saucepan combine 3 tablespoons melted butter with flour. Cook over medium-low heat until thickened; stir into milk.
- To the milk mixture add the Cheddar cheese, mixing well to melt. Stir in spinach. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 360 cal
- 26.4 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe. But honestly, I find all the different steps tedious and unnecessary. Just make a roux with the butter and flour, then add the milk and let thicken, then add the onion and che..." See moreese and lastly the spinach. Then pour into a casserole. It just seemed more time consuming than it should have been and it turned out to be just like other creamed spinach recipes I've made before. The taste is good (whoa is there a lot of cheese!) though."
"This was fun to make and all I added to it was 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs with the cheese.I let it set up for 10 mins out of the oven and it was a big hit with my picky family......." See more"
Creamed Spinach with Jalapenos
Mock Spinach Souffle
Just swipe to see more like this.