- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a quick and simple side or main dish of noodles, cabbage and onions. I had this at a potluck supper and it disappeared in no time.” - by AUNTIEELMO
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta and cabbage are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until tender.
- Combine cabbage, pasta, onions, salt, pepper and soy sauce; mix well and transfer to a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 212 cal
- 3 g
- 40.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"To cut time and cleanup I stir fry the onion and cabbage together then add the cooked pasta, soy sauce and seasonings and heat. Works just as well it doesn't heat the kitchen and saves alot of time...." See more"
"This was a very good way to eat cabbage.After reading previous reviews I also cooked my cabbage with the onions. It came out so sweet. I did add an extra tablespoon of soy sauce and I think it needed ..." See moreit.I was hankering for some good cabbage and this took care of it."
"I love cabbage and pasta! The only reason I gave this four stars is because I think that the baking step is unneccesary. I baked this for 30 minutes at 400 degrees rather than 450 and some of the past..." See morea came out crispy. But all in all this was great! I liked the addition of the soy sauce."
Norwegian Christmas Cabbage
Cabbage on the Grill
Just swipe to see more like this.