Lemon Chicken III114 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 12 hr
“Chicken breasts marinated in lemon juice, then coated in seasoned flour and fried, and finally baked in chicken broth with brown sugar, fresh parsley and lemon slices. This is the best lemon chicken you will ever taste! It is very good for making for a family dinner.” - by Megan Henry
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- To Marinate: Combine chicken and lemon juice in a large resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Refrigerate to marinate overnight, turning once.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade and disposing of the remainder. Mix together flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts one at a time, seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Fry coated chicken until well browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Arrange browned chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Mix broth with reserved marinade and pour mixture over chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice and sprinkle all with parsley.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through (juices run clear) and tender.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 441 cal
- 20 g
- 37.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (114)Rate This Recipe
"A great recipe for lemon lovers like me! But I have to agree that marinating for a couple of hours in the straight lemon juice is plenty. Overnight would be overkill and probably just about disintegr..." See moreate the meat! Make sure you do use fresh lemon juice, as it imparts nice fresh flavor. One point to note: browning the chicken takes nowhere near 15 minutes - about 5 minutes is right. Adding the lemon slice & parsley is great too. I've made this twice now; once with the brown sugar (only about 1 tsp. for 3 breasts though) & once without. I don't really notice a big difference, but I guess it adds a nice touch. The sauce at the end is also very good over rice."
"This is soooooooo good! I will admit i made a few alterations based on past reviews. First of all, i did not marinate overnight, but rather placed the frozen chicken in the ziplock and let it thaw in..." See more the marinade. I took the chicken out mid afternoon. I browned it as per the direstions but then added the brown sugar to the stock rather than sprinkling it on top. I DID NOT reuse any of the marinade in the sauce, cause thats just gross! Instead i added a tbsp. of lemon juice. I cooked it uncovered so the sauce would reduce and it ended up coming out perfectly. It thickened nicely and looked delicious. I cant even describe how much my family loved this, and have been told i need to make this ALOT!"
"I used my own recipe for lemon chicken, but I converted it to how this recipe was prepared (marinating overnite in lemon juice, then frying AND baking the chicken). It made my recipe 100 times better,..." See more so juicy, the chicken absorbing all that lemon flavor. You've forever changed the way I make this dish...thank you!"
Almond Lemon Chicken
Baked Lemon Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.