Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Spring Rolls4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Avocado and sun-dried tomatoes are like secret treasures sealed inside these marvelous spring rolls along with other vegetables, crabmeat and chicken. This recipe is particularly exciting, because the ingredients may be adjusted or altered to taste. You may want to prepare several batches of spring rolls -- they'll go fast.” - by S. F. Ong
Original recipe yields 8 spring rolls
- Heat 1 quart oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cabbage, carrots, cucumber, onion, green onion, shiitake mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Slowly cook and stir until all vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken, crabmeat and Chinese five-spice powder into the cabbage mixture. Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, then stir it into the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cabbage and chicken mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers. Fold wrappers, and seal the edges with moistened fingers.
- Carefully lower spring rolls into the heated quart of oil. Deep fry approximately 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Cut in half to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 208 cal
- 18.8 g
- 7.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Very Yummy! Even without some ingredients. I couldn't find the sun-dried tomatoes so I left them out. I only used 3 cups of oil and doubled the recipe, which was great! There were only 5 of us at dinn..." See moreer and we ate every roll. My husband informed me that the recipe was a keeper! If serving for company, I do recommend toothpicks. The rice papers tend to be a little gummy."
Southwestern Egg Rolls
Crab-Filled Egg Rolls With Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.