White Chocolate Cream Cake32 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“The cake layers are made with white chocolate and whipped cream and flavored with almond extract. The frosting is a white chocolate buttercream. For an exquisite change of pace, substitute raspberry wine cooler for the water in the frosting.” - by MCLISA
Original recipe yields 2 - (8 or 9 inch) pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - (8 or 9 inch) round pans.
- In a double boiler, over lightly simmering water, melt 3 ounces white chocolate, stirring occasionally, until melted; set aside and cool to lukewarm. In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large chilled bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs or about 5 minutes, or until light and lemon colored. Beat in 1 teaspoon almond flavoring and melted white chocolate. Fold in whipped cream. Fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make White Chocolate Frosting: In a large bowl, heat 3 ounces white baking chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; cool to lukewarm. In a medium bowl on medium speed, combine melted white chocolate, confectioners' sugar, butter, water and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 851 cal
- 33.1 g
- 133.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"This cake turned out delicious despite my mess ups. My mom said it taste like it came from a bakery. I was a little worried as i forgot to put one half cup of the sugar flour mixture in the cake bat..." See moreter. Also I do not have a double boiler so i melted the white choc in microwave. I should have melted it longer because it needs to be very soft for the frosting as my frosting was a bit hard, still the cake is tremendous. Next time i want to try that wine cooler in there yummy. This was the yummiest home cooked from scratch I have ever made. Despite the messups it was so good the best ever I am fixing to make this cake for a baby shower Im making three layers light blue icing. I want it to look really nice and I know on some cakes fore the cake to turn out smooth you have to use a certain type of icing. Will this icing work? Do you know how I would also make the decorative icing that goes around the cake using the same recipe? If not ill figure something out. If you check this let me know. I love this recipe"
"This recipe was easy to follow-inexpensive-and turned out wonderful! It will be a cake recipe I will use in the future! I did however substitute pure vanilla extract for the almond extract-Also, I ma..." See morede the white chocolate icing with Vanilla extract, and it is great icing. My family loved it."
"I was very disappointed with this cake. Although it tasted good, I expected a light and fluffy cake. This was dense like a poundcake. The frosting was very tasty, though. I replaced one tablespoon of ..." See morethe water with white chocolate liquer and it really added a great flavor."
Chocolate Italian Cream Cake
White Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.