Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars46 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Fresh berries snuggled under a crumb top.” - by KIRKFAMILY
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Start by making the crust. In a medium bowl, stir together the 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, lemon zest and salt. Cut in the 1/2 cup butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and vanilla together; stir into the crumb mixture until a dough forms. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the crust. Combine the 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the blueberries. Make the topping: In a medium bowl, cream together the 5 tablespoons butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour, so that the mixture is crumbly like streusel. Sprinkle over the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until browned. Cool and then dust with confectioners' sugar before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 152 cal
- 6.6 g
- 21.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good blueberry recipe. It took abit in making the crust, when forming the dough,you will have to use your hands to combine the ingredients. A utencil will not work. Very good taste, I would ..." See moremake these for a holiday. The two textures compliment each other."
"Fa-reeking awesome. Tossed a little lemon juice in with the filling and made a thin lemon icing to drizzle over the bars (1 c. confectioners sugar, 1/4 c. softened butter, little salt, fresh lemon jui..." See morece until it's thinned down enough). You do have to use a little muscle with the crust if you don't have a Kitchen Aid to get all the ingredients evenly mixed. This one's a keeper."
"The Zing of lemon cookie nicely offsets the blueberry filling. Not overly sweet but very delicious. As previous posters have mentioned, the cookie base can be difficult to work with, but I recommend..." See more saving the lemon juice from the zested lemon and add as needed if the mix is too dry. **Holiday Update**I won the cookie contest at work with a modified version of this recipe using fresh cranberries and orange zest. Double the sugar you add to the berries since cranberries are so tart. Also added extra juice from the orange and orange extract to the cookie base"
Blueberry Crumb Bars
Annemarie's Lemon Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.