Chocolate Chip Dream Bars45 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A perfect dessert to serve company. Kids love them. Quick and easy to make.” - by SWEATSUGAR
Original recipe yields 32 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together 1/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Stir in 1 cup of flour until well blended. Press the dough into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven; remove and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix eggs and vanilla. Combine 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder and salt so there are no lumps. Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread over the pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool and drizzle with chocolate glaze.
- To make the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together the cocoa, 4 teaspoons butter, and boiling water. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the confectioners' sugar. Drizzle over cooled bars before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 122 cal
- 4.4 g
- 20.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"These are so good! After reading the reviews, the consensus seems to be 1)Use a smaller pan (8x8") and 2)skip the frosting. I agree! I made them in a 11x8" pan and think they would be even better (..." See morethicker) in a 8x8" pan. I did not use the frosting, instead I melted some chocolate chips and drizzled on top. This was only for decoration, as more chocolate really was not needed. Next time, I think I will skip even that. My description of these bars is like pecan pie, only with chocolate chips instead of pecans and a cookie crust! So gooey and good! P.S. The recipe does not say to grease the pan, but I would. The brown sugar mixture tended to stick to the pan."
"My husband loved these so much that he ate them for breakfast ! Instead of using a 9x13pan, I used a 8x8, without changing the recipe ! It still turned out great ! I omitted the chocolate glaze, at it..." See more seemed already too sweet ! It browned very nicely on the top with the suggested cooking time, but the inside remained very gooey. However, my husband loved it gooey like that ! It had a nice chewy texture with the crust almost just like a good chocolate chip cookie. However, I used good quality dark chocolate bars (which I hammered into chips), and used much less than the recipe called for. Thank you !"
Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.