Veal, Chicken and Beef Canelloni16 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Homemade meat filled crepes covered with sauces and cheese and baked. Family favorite served with salad and crusty garlic bread.” - by SALLYJUN
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- To Make Crepes: In a medium bowl beat eggs thoroughly, then add milk and butter. Beat in flour and salt until smooth. (Note: Batter is best if left to set for 1/2 hour before using). Brown crepes in a medium hot skillet, making them 6 to 8 inches in circumference. Set aside.
- To Make Meat Filling: Brown veal, chicken and beef in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the parsley, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To Make White Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook flour and butter together for 1 minute. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg, then stir in milk and continue to cook until thick.
- Spread 1/2 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into prepared crepes, folding over all sides of crepe to form palm-sized bundles. Place filled crepes, seam side down, in baking dish. Cover with remaining pasta sauce and pour White Sauce over all. Cover with mozzarella cheese and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and brown around the edges. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 557 cal
- 30.1 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This was wonderful with a few changes that I made. I only used ground chicken and ground beef. I added garlic and spinich and onion to the meat mixture and it turned out great. My mother in law wan..." See morets me to make this for a luncheon for 30 or more people. Love the crepe idea rather than pasta, makes it a bit lighter. Will for sure make it again and again."
"Excellent! I substituted leftover chicken thighs that I diced finely for the ground chicken and substituted ground pork for ground veal. It turned out delicious. As one other reviewer suggested, I, to..." See moreo, doubled the ingredients for the crepes (came out fine). A tip for those who have never made crepes (like myself before this recipe): pour only a small amount of batter into the pan so that it is just enough to cover the bottom, cook only a couple minutes on medium low heat each side until just browned."
Veal or Chicken Marsala
Just swipe to see more like this.