- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a wonderful side dish generally made for Jewish holidays. Your guests cannot guess the ingredient used for the topping. Very rich!” - by Ann
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and stir in 6 tablespoons sliced butter.
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolks with sugar and cream cheese; stir into noodles and add sour cream, cottage cheese and salt. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 454 cal
- 27.8 g
- 37.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (84)Rate This Recipe
"I found by placing the eggs, sugar, cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese in the blender and blending it all together, then pouring it on the cooked noodles and adding pineapple chunks, and topp..." See moreing with the buttter and crumbs, it came out very creamy and easier to make."
"Updated 9-30-2011: Re topping modification below: Didn't have cornflakes so used NOT crushed rice crispies instead. Wonderful and the topping looked interesting!!!!! See my photo. Soaked 3/4 cup go..." See morelden raisins for 20 min in warm 1/2 triple sec and 1/2 apple juice (liquids mixed and heated on 30 seconds in microwave) THEN made the pudding processed sugar free using 1/4 cup splenda and 1/4 cup Agave Syrup to replace white sugar. No one could tell...I left part without topping for my diabetic mom. Also, next time I will use one stick of butter melted in the noodles, not 6 tablespoons-I don't like tiny leftovers. This is NOT a low fat dish-it is a treat...I'd rather have a small piece of something fabulous than a large piece of blah. 2004 review: This is the best Kugel recipe I've made or tasted! I only changed a few things. I used the whole 8 oz package of cream cheese (I didn't want that extra 1/4 sitting around for me to eat.) I added 1/2 cup of raisins to the noodle mixture after I soaked them in VERY HOT water for about 15 minutes. I changed the topping to: 1.5 cups crushed cornflakes mixed with 1 stick (1/2 cup) of melted butter and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar. I sprinkled that on top and then I mixed 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon with 1/8 cup of white sugar and sprinkled that on last before baking. It was great the next day too!!! Eat cold or warm, but best warmed."
Cinnamon Noodle Kugel
Lieblich Noodle Kugel
Just swipe to see more like this.