Asparagus with Brie33 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“My husband is an avowed vegetable hater, but I have no trouble getting him to eat this easy to prepare dish. Good for company too.” - by VICKI L
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still crisp, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Lay cheese slices over asparagus. In a small bowl combine melted butter, bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Increase oven to broil. Broil just until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 647 cal
- 51.5 g
- 16.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is heavy on the brie and crumb topping. I used only a quarter wheel of brie and it would have been plenty for 2 bunches of asparagus. Cook it a little longer to melt the brie completely ..." See moreand get a nice crust on the topping. I would definately use 2 bunches of asparagus next time, or halve the amount of topping, quarter the amount of brie if you are using the recipe verbatim. If you love brie, this is a fantastic way of enjoying it with asparagus!"
"This dish was wonderful! It won over my veggie-hater husband too. I substituted slivered almonds for the sesame seeds, which also turned out really well. I know what I am bringing to the family Thanks..." See moregiving this year. Thanks for the great recipe Vicki!"
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce
Brie and Asparagus Pasta Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.