Grandma Newman's Potato and Sausage Stuffing3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A favorite side dish that goes with everything from a barbecue to Thanksgiving dinner. Always requested by friends and family! This dish freezes well, and tastes better the second day!” - by Bonnie Jean
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash with milk.
- Meanwhile, place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in green pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Fold cubed bread into potatoes, then gently fold in sausage mixture. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 614 cal
- 25 g
- 81.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Good way to mix it up. It was also a good way to save room on the table (only having 1 dish for potatoes & stuffing). It was lacking flavor, so I addd some spices to the bread ie; thyme, sage etc. a..." See morend some butter & garlic to the potatoes. Good space saver Bonnie!"
"This is an old polish recipe for stuffing on Thanksgiving. Pototoes were abundant and my mother-in-law made this recipe for the holidays years ago. Thank you for posting it... it brings back many go..." See moreod memories."
Grandma Sophie's Smashed Potato Salad
Sausage Potato Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.