Carrot Casserole41 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Great side dish for big meals. I make it every holiday and it's always a hit!” - by Jane
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Saute onions and stir in soup, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir in cooked carrots. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- Toss croutons with 1/3 cup melted butter; scatter over casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 331 cal
- 24.6 g
- 23.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making a variation of this for years. Mine adds sliced water chestnuts, and uses bread crumbs instead of croutons. It has always been a hit, no matter where I take it...." See more"
"My sister has this recipe. It may sound odd, but it is a family favorite. Everyone who has had it just loves it. Try it...." See more"
"Great veggie dish! Easy to prepare. Even veggie avoiders will enjoy this. Use a small onion or the strong flavor will over power the sweet of the carrots. I didn't have any seasoned croutons in house ..." See more& wanted something quick to use so opened a box of stovetop corn bread stuffing mix and used that w/ out the seasoning package. Was wonderful! Will make again."
Cafeteria Carrot Souffle
Cauliflower and Carrot Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.