Cavatelli, Broccoli and Mushrooms34 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A local family restaurant has a dish very similar to this one that has been a favorite for years. My friend and I came up with this recipe when we were unable to find one anywhere, even in Italian cookbooks.” - by Karen Marnell
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe dish with about 3 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and mushrooms until garlic becomes aromatic. Combine with pasta, broccoli and Parmesan cheese; transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated throughout.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 465 cal
- 25.6 g
- 49.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"This is pretty bland; however, here is what I did to improve on it... Added: 1/2 diced yellow onion 1 diced red pepper and I used EVOO instead of the butter. On a second version I used the above in..." See moregredient changes and then used whole wheat pasta. Thinking about adding steamed sliced carrots next time."
"Simple and just plain delicious! I usually have this as a side dish, but tonight I need something quick and this was perfect for a "meatless" weeknight meal. I used a steam in bag of broccoli and saut..." See moreeed some fresh portabella mushrooms in a little olive oil along with the garlic. I didn't bother baking this, but just tossed everything together with a little olive oil, a bit of salt and cracked black pepper then topped it with some shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese - delish!"
Orecchiette and Broccoli Crisp
Broccoli with Rigatoni
Just swipe to see more like this.