- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is a pasta casserole with sort of a southwestern flavor. This is also good with canned tomatoes with green chilies, or added red pepper and garlic.” - by HEATHERGILBERT
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place ground beef, bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and place in a large saucepan along with tomatoes, soup, milk and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook, stirring, until it comes to a low boil.
- Stir in pasta, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until pasta is tender, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Transfer to a 9x9 inch baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 448 cal
- 24.2 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"Better than I thought it was going to be. I used canned diced tomatoes, added garlic seasoning, ground pepper, chicken boulion, and seasoning salt to give it some more flavor. I also didn't realize ..." See moreI ran out of milk so I used half and half. Nice and fatty, but good! Will make again."
Young Fabulous and Broke
"I made this for my family last night, substituting sausage for bacon, and salsa for the tomatoes. To the sauce I added some freshly ground pepper and some chili powder. Not bland at all, a very qui..." See moreck and simple dish, and very filling. "
"This recipe turned out pretty good and my small children liked it. I did change a few things to make it more flavorful and a bit more healthy. I used about three pieces of bacon, cooked in the pan fir..." See morest then taken out so I could wipe out the pan and brown the beef, onion and about a 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic. This cut down on some of the fat transfer to the beef. I then added everything to the large sauce pan and used the Healthy Requests Cream Of Mushroom soup and 2% milk. I also used a cheddar jack combo for the cheese because that's what I had on hand. At this point I added some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I used Barilla Plus elbow macaroni noodles, they are multigrain and have protein and omega 3's. They did take a long time to cook in the sauce pan, but I think that it probably made the noodles more flavorful than cooking them in water first. Overall, it was a success even with my picky 2 and 4 year old."
Minced Lamb Bake
Debbie's Zucchini Skillet Dinner
Just swipe to see more like this.