Roasted Three Squash Soup7 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 2 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“While this simmered over low heat for several hours, I prepared a baked spinach dish I found at Allrecipes.com and steamed red potatoes to accompany this fabulous soup!” - by COLETTENOELLE
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place the butternut, acorn and spaghetti squashes cut side down on a roasting pan. Wrap garlic in foil, or place in a garlic roaster. Roast squash and garlic in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute the onion for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in ginger and curry powder; cook 3 more minutes. Stir in apples and sherry; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and set aside.
- When the squash and garlic are done squeeze half the garlic into the apple mixture. Process mixture for 1 minute until blended, but still slightly chunky. Return mixture to pot over medium-low heat.
- In the blender, puree small batches of squash flesh and vegetable broth. Transfer each batch to the pot with the apple mixture.
- Stir in red bell pepper, rosemary, parsley, basil, thyme, black pepper, salt and cayenne. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 30 minutes before serving add zucchini, green onions and hot water.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 212 cal
- 4.2 g
- 43.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"The soup ended up tasting good, but i think you can achieve a similar result without such an elaborate recipe...." See more"
"While I did make minimal adjustments with the texture (thinned) and spices, it was absolutely delicious and soothing with an amazing earthy, buttery flavor. My whole family (picky eaters and all) enj..." See moreoyed."
Butternut and Acorn Squash Soup
Roasted and Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.